sábado, noviembre 12, 2011

for the review contest

FOR THE REVIEW CONTEST==========================================================Psilocube Cubensis - MexicanALEX'S REPORTThe mushrooms arrived at Elena's house right on time, it was 12 o'clock at noon when I (Alex), Elena, Achilleas, Dafni and George were sitting in the middle of Elena's psychedelically decorated livingroom, staring at the generous quantity of mexican mushrooms over a white paper. We had ordered 25 grams, so the proportion for our trip was 5 grams per person.The plan was to eat the mushrooms inside the house, and before the effects kick-in, to take a walk to the woods, right behind the neighborhood that Helena lives.Let me put on some light concerning our backrounds. The five of us are students in the University of Fine Arts , department of Theatre. Some of us study acting, others scenography, and so on. We are around 21, and some of us have great experience with psychedelics (elena, george and achilleas) some minor (me) and some not at all (dafni)12:30-----------------------------------We start consuming the mushrooms in Elena's living room, which is right next to her bedroom (actually these two spaces are divided by a wall with a large door, so they are not so separate) and we notice that mexican mushrooms are not as tasty as hawaiian. We keep eating all together. 12:45-----------------------------------Surprisingly enough, me and Elena have started to feel some effects of the mushrooms already, and I notice that the threshold effects are not so much giggly and laughing, but rather tiring and paranoia-style. I have now consumed almost 2 grams of my 5gr dose, and I have already started seeing patterns everywhere, but (in constrast with the glowing epiphanies of the Hawaiian) my thought has started acting and reacting in strange patterns too. I yell to everybody "ok, let's take them outside, in a while we won't be able to walk". They don't listen. I keep dressing and undressing myself The paranoia was ready to start.13:10-----------------------------------Description of the scenery:Elena is alone in her bedroom, next to the livingroom, onto her bed, she is naked, with a face full of bliss, and she is screaming: "come here guys!! it is perfect here!! I want everyone to be here! I want Alex, George, Dafni, Achilleas, my mom, my friends from Crete!! I want Mathew Barney (!)"Achilleas is meditating in the centre of the living room.Dafni is next to him crying, because she is afraid of what she is experiencing, and as he holds her hand, she develops an emotional connection with the purple carpet she sits on.George is next to the heating machine, feeling secure, playing with the feel that his fingers enjoy while touching that warm surface. He continously replies to Elena "No! You come here!" and uncontrollably laughs.I, Alex, am in a corner of the living room, watching the situation, and I begin to fell a very pessimistic approach to my trip. I worry about Dafni a lot. I keep seeing everyone's faces transform into beautiful archetypical and protogenous human beings (achilleas to a shaman, elena to a baby, and george to corto maltese) however, I keep getting a bad vibe from Dafni. She seems to be uncomfortable with the experience, and I see her face transforming into a hippo. I start to forget names and connections with the people in front of me. I keep telling everyone "bring me water and a blanket, and I will survive through this..."14:40--------------------------------------Someone has put on a CD of Sigur Ros (the masterpiece Baba Digi Dido) on replay, and accompanies us for the rest of the journey.The situation is becoming a lot like a zoo. George was lost in the kitchen - he couldn't find his way out because he had forgotten about who